Re: Problem with TW Salary Surveys

Subject: Re: Problem with TW Salary Surveys
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 07:51:21 -0500

Howdy,

I have another thought about salary surveys. The Austin chapter does its own
in-depth survey. It gives quite a bit of information broken down into a variety
of catagories. The thing is, it seems to be on the low-side, if I consider
current job postings in the area and what people are currently willing to pay.

I wonder why this is. Is it because new jobs are coming in at higher rates?
Do people with the lower salaries tend to respond more than those with
higher salaries? Or is my perception skewed?

Anybody have any insight into this?

Melonie Holliman
The Tech Writer
ABM Data Systems, Inc.