Re: New Term for Tech Writers?

Subject: Re: New Term for Tech Writers?
From: Sarah Carroll <sarahc -at- INDIGO -dot- IE>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:53:55 +0100

And more and more of the larger companies,
principally hardware companies, are looking
for ways to re-use existing material. I seem
to be constantly hearing the cry that "this
stuff has all been written before - we just
want somebody to retrieve it and present
it in a slightly different format".

Is this a trend others have noticed? Is it
a reason for the "information developer"
rather than "writer" or "communicator"
status?

Best
Sarah