Interview Questions: Whats your major?

Subject: Interview Questions: Whats your major?
From: Matt Danda <mdanda2 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 06:03:11 -0700

Sella said:
Personally, I have trouble with questions like what's your favorite
novel/music/movie/pastime/etc. I was one of those people who couldn't
decide on a major because everything (except economics) was so darned
interesting.

I must reply:
I like Economics!! It's a *great* major for technical writers.

Just like Tech Writing, Economics requires you to understand and
describe technical concepts in both diagrammatic and verbal form.

Economics covers everything! Business, history, math, social
psychology, politics, and philosophy. Even literature! (I can expand
on this, but I'll refrain for brevity.)

And, to boot, my Econ degree consistently motivates me to learn more
technical and software skills, a quick route to higher rates (the ol'
supply and demand thing).

Econ majors rule! Econ majors rule!

Matt Danda
Orlando, FL