Re: Interview Questions (a question)

Subject: Re: Interview Questions (a question)
From: Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 16:05:30 -0700

Janice Gelb said:
> A programmer friend of mine says his favorite question to ask in an
> interview is: "What do you do if you've been trying to debug a tough
> problem in your code for several hours but are still unsuccessful?" The
> usual eager-beaver-interviewee answer is "I keep working at it until
> I've fixed it." The answer his team is looking for is "I ask someone
> else to take a look at it and help me."

I have been asked a question like this in writer interviews a couple
of times. I would never have thought to ask this of anyone else, but
evidently there really are people who don't know when to ask for help,
so I've added it to my list of questions to ask others.

Karen
karen -at- wordwrite -dot- com