Re: more #$ -at- %#^&$# secretary stuff...

Subject: Re: more #$ -at- %#^&$# secretary stuff...
From: David Dvorkin <DDvorkin -at- FRXSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 12:27:53 -0600

Mary Durlak wrote:

> Went to talk to a potential client today. Talked to the
> Project
> Coordinator, the lead engineer....got past them, apparently, because
> they
> brought in the Project Manager.
> He asked a few relevant questions (no cannonballs, no
> grenades)
> and then said, "Are you willing to take meeting minutes and make
> copies?"
> Does this *happen* to you gentlemen?

I has happened to me.

This was at a big corporation where the tech writing group assigned
writers to various development groups, so I was able to refer the
matter to the head of the tw group, who put a stop to it. (She also
told me it was a common problem for her.)

David Dvorkin
FRx Software Corporation
mailto:ddvorkin -at- frxsoft -dot- com
(303) 741-8280