Re: "Missing Fonts" message in FrameMaker

Subject: Re: "Missing Fonts" message in FrameMaker
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 14:03:18 -0700

Open the Frame document that gives this error message. Then select
File
Preferences
Remember Missing Font Name

Be sure that "Remember Missing Font Name" is not checked.

Then save your document.

Marilynne

At 3:21 PM -0700 5/10/98, rivka wrote:
>A colleagues and I are baffled and need some help. There is
>nothing the archives about this.
>
>In FrameMaker, (5 or 5.5 for Windows) how do you find the missing
>font when you get either of these two messages:
>"Missing the Franklin Gothic Book font from X book. Franklin
>Gothic Roman will be used in this session.
>or
>"Document named XYZ uses unavailable fonts. To reformat the
>document using available fonts click OK".
>
>We can't find the Franklin Gothic Roman font anywhere in the book,
>nor figure out what the "unavailable" fonts are. We're both pretty
>sophisticated with FrameMaker, have looked in all the
>documentation, but neither of us can figure out how to fix this.
>We don't want to deliver the files to a customer with this message
>popping up.
>
>Neither of us belongs to the FrameMaker List, and I'm not sure
>where it is, so any help will be appreciated.
>
>Please reply directly to rivka -at- istar -dot- ca
>
>Thanks very much for your help.
>Rivka

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM AE-203B
"We'll have the whole world talking"