Tech Writers and the Bottom Line (Re: Parts lists in maintenance manuals)

Subject: Tech Writers and the Bottom Line (Re: Parts lists in maintenance manuals)
From: JIMCHEVAL <JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:38:04 EDT

In a message dated 98-05-11 12:10:48 EDT, roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM writes:

<< What you have done is provided evidence that Technical Writers can
measurably contribute to a company's bottom line profits. >>

Now, can someone go the next step and show how that can translate into
commissions (or, more likely, incentives)?

Lest anyone think I'm being greedy here, I'm completely independent and
unlikely to be on staff any time soon. Though, even then, I was offered a
project once on a contingency basis (profits per units sold).

But the original item here refers to something a little like product placement
in movies - creating demand by improving visibility. And people DO pay for
that.

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood
== JC's TW page - http://members.aol.com/jimcheval/twone.htm ==