Re: Graphics Inventory Software

Subject: Re: Graphics Inventory Software
From: Barry Campbell <barry -at- WEBVERANDA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:59:57 -0400

At 04:25 PM 5/6/98 -0500, David Spiteri wrote:

>Is anyone aware of a software product that will search your PC
>directories looking for graphics files (bmp, jpg, gif, ico, wmf, etc.)
>and produce an inventory of the files and their locations? I am aware
>of Paint Shop Pro's browse feature which we have. It does a nice job
>of producing thumbnails of graphics files found in any directory you
>point to, but we want to be able to scan across directories.

There are *many* packages that do this. The broad category is called
"image management software," and capabilities range from simple
inventory of a single hard disk to complex systems to manage offline
data on multiple disks, networks, and removable media.

One excellent package is Digital Arts and Sciences ImageAXS Pro.
An evaluation version is available at their website:

http://www.dascorp.com

Another candidate might be JASC's "Image Commander":

http://www.jasc.com

There are many, many others. Do a search on "image management"
at your favorite software resource site and I'm betting you'll
be pleasantly surprised. :-)

Hope this helps.

--
Barry Campbell | Senior Technical Writer
barry -at- webveranda -dot- com | Summit Systems, Inc.