Re: Non-Technical Technical Writers -Reply -Reply

Subject: Re: Non-Technical Technical Writers -Reply -Reply
From: Lisa Comeau <COMEAUL -at- CSA -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:14:07 -0400

Chris Hamilton wrote:
"But do you have to have a substantial knowledge of object-oriented
programming and distributed systems to tell programmers how to use the
distributed application server we're currently working on? I know you
do."

That's exactly the point we have been belaboring... My whole take on the
deal is the same as yours, and I don't understand why we need to have
these "Holier than thou" wars every time a touchy subject comes up.

As far as I'm concerned, we're all technical writers because that's our
job, we were hired for various reasons, not the least of which was our
ability to do the job we currently do.
Why can't we all just agree that there are varying degrees of
"technicality" in every field, and we are not an exception?

(I think my longjohns are ablaze...)

Lisa Comeau
IS Super-User/Trainer
Canadian Standards Association