JOB: tech writer: RTP: NC: Seagate Software: cross posted to tech wr-l and framers

Subject: JOB: tech writer: RTP: NC: Seagate Software: cross posted to tech wr-l and framers
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:49:34 -0400

Hello, everyone!

We are looking for a junior writer -- someone who is energetic,
enthusiastic, and wants to learn the ropes. Bring your curiosity and
your sense of humor! Ours is a fast-paced environment, but it's also
very rewarding. You'll have the support of several experienced writers
here, writers and localizers from several sites across the US and
Canada, and a great group of developers, QA folks, tech support reps,
and others.

Here's the "official" description:

Company
Seagate Software
Location
Durham
Duration
Permanent
Description
TECH WRITER
We're looking for a junior-level writer to help document
sophisticated enterprise client/server applications. You'll have the
opportunity to participate in the design, development, testing, and
maintenance of integrated, modular information products.
Requirements: 1+ years documenting applications for
networked environments a plus. Knowledge of Windows NT, UNIX, SNMP,
ODBC, and basic network management concepts desired. Excellent technical
writing skills. Experience with style guides and templates. Knowledge of
desktop publishing (FrameMaker) and help development a plus. Must be
highly motivated and able to work independently. BS in tech comm/CS or
equivalent.
SEAGATE SOFTWARE offers competitive salaries and
comprehensive benefits, including bonus, stock purchase/equity and
401(k).
Contact Information
Please submit your resume to Seagate Software,
Professional Staffing, D598, 2505 Meridian Parkway, Suite 100, Durham,
NC 27713 Fax: 919-405-2296, Phone: 1-888-386-7252 email:
Jobs47 -at- seagatesoftware -dot- com
URL
For more about the company and our products, see
http://www.seagatesoftware.com

If you have questions, please feel free to e-mail me and ask.

Thanks!
A.

Alexia Prendergast
Tech Pubs Manager, Seagate Software
Durham NC USA
mailto:alexiap -at- seagatesoftware -dot- com