Re: Changing templates - It's easier to ask for forgiveness

Subject: Re: Changing templates - It's easier to ask for forgiveness
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 12:04:29 -0400

... make the changes to your templates and don't tell anyone. If you tell
them you changed the template -- they'll yell at you and you'll spend WAY
more time "defending your decision" then writing documents (like you should
be doing). If you just do it and don't ask, they'll either praise you for
your "ingenuity" or yell at you. The latter has the most chance of being
successful without the involvement of any "review boards".

And this comment is from a group who bitch and moan and gripe about how developers make changes to software and don't keep us in the loop?

So now the guiding rule is that it's OK as long as you don't get caught.

Oh, that's right....I forgot....do as I say and not as I do.

People...if you work for me and the rule says "Do it this way" and you intentionally disregard it, hit the road.

John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network
-work http://www.faxsav.com -personal http://www.tdandw.com
-work mailto:posada -at- faxsav -dot- com -personal mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
-work phone: 732-906-2000 X2296 -home phone: 732-291-7811
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for them.