Re: Graphics Apps - Adobe vs. Corel

Subject: Re: Graphics Apps - Adobe vs. Corel
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 18:45:53 +0200

Chris,

it depends whether PostScript is an issue for your company. If so, or PDF,
they say that CorelDraw has its very unique way to do PostScript, making it
almost unusable for PDF and also difficult to print.

I have no current experience with CorelDraw, but back then, I had very
serious performance problems with CorelDraw, particularly for handling text.

My experience is with the Adobe products, and I am very well used to them.
For me, PDF is an issue, and Illustrator allows me to modify PDF files, for
example. PostScript output is good.

Photoshop counts as industry standard for image processing.

On the other hand, being used to a certain application has its advantages.

Nevertheless, I do suggest that you try to compare the various
applications. Try to get your hand on an Adobe CD with demo versions of
their products. Play around with them a bit, and then decide.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap