Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor, MI

Subject: Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor, MI
From: John Lord <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:41:49 -0700

The description of an "ideal candidate" provided by Susan clearly indicates
to me that this is really an entry-level position. Many of the folks I know
in this business could readily meet all or most of these requirements when
they graduated with a tech writing degree or post-graduate certification
course. Yet they had no professional writing experience beyond an
internship. If Susan had asked for 1 or more years experience the story
would have been different - but she didn't. Perhaps the differences in
interpretation between Roger and me explains why the recent thread on
trying to define entry-level went on and on and on... Or, have standards
been lowered to the point that anyone with a few weeks experience is not to
be considered as entry-level?

John Lord