Re: diff. btwn Macromedia Director and Authorware

Subject: Re: diff. btwn Macromedia Director and Authorware
From: "LaTorra, Michael" <MLaTorra -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 10:09:15 -0600

Melissa Fisher asked about the
"...difference between Macromedia's Director and Authorware products."

I've been using Authorware for a little over a month, so I'm not the
world's greatest authority on it by any means. But I can tell you what
the manual says:

DIRECTOR:
"[Use] Director to create multimedia movies for use in Authorware
pieces."

AUTHORWARE:
"Authorware is designed to allow the teacher or trainer to create
intuitive multimedia learning materials. With Authorware you can combine
graphics, text, sound, and digital movies that you've created with other
applications in the Authorware Interactive Studio."

'Hope this helps you out.

Michael LaTorra
Technical Writer

SCGroup Incorporated
7777 Market Center Avenue
El Paso, Texas 79912-8412
USA

Tel: 915-877-3900
Fax: 915-877-7296
E-Mail: MLATORRA -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM