Re: Blank pages and fold-out graphics

Subject: Re: Blank pages and fold-out graphics
From: Jane Bergen <janeber -at- CYBERRAMP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:26:46 -0500

The old "this page left blank" always causes laughter when I've seen
people reading the manuals we receive at my company. I don't know
why, since they don't bother me too much. I do think, however, that a
more "elegant" solution is to cue your reader that it is the end of a
chapter. I do that by giving a double-space (which is nowhere else in
the manual), then writing something like this: "The next chapter
explains how to configure your telephony setup...." yada, yada. It
works well for us. The reader knows it's the end and the reader knows
what's coming next. Another "signpost" in my docs, of which there are
many (docs and signposts!).

Hope that helps,

Jane