SUMMARY: boot problem

Subject: SUMMARY: boot problem
From: Patricia Bergsma <bergsma -at- LOCAMATION -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:30:12 +0200

Hello list,

Thank you for all the responses I got on my boot problem terminology. The
various variations has scored as follows:

to boot FROM a hard disk 11 votes
to boot OFF a hard disk 0 votes (I like this one, since I found
this variation in an on-line computing dictionary)

a boot process ON a PC 6 votes
a boot process OF a PC 2 votes

I noticed that there is no defined terminology but most people decide on
what 'sounds right'. I decided to go with the majority and use the terms 'to
boot FROM a PC' and 'a boot process ON a PC' because these sounded most
right to me.

Greetings
Patricia Bergsma
Documentation engineer