Re: Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries

Subject: Re: Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:39:43 -0700

To: Hope (and to all of those sparky people who are flaming me),

"sick, sick, sick, was just my way of having fun with you.

I do not understand exactly what the boss is thinking (my assumption is
that it is rational and justifiable), nor do I have any solution for the
employee, except to bear it out. I have been in situations where my job
couldn't get done well without going to the client site, and well, my
employer said No. Plain and simple. No, sex discrimination was not
involved, but just the same, to get the job done meant finding another
way to do it.

Seems that the person who overcomes any obstacle and gets the job done
anyway is a much better employee. Such an employee will be noticed, if
not at the current workplace, then at one in the future. You can't keep
good people down.

Roger Mallett