STC Book Reviewers' Breakfast: Retransmission

Subject: STC Book Reviewers' Breakfast: Retransmission
From: Avon Murphy <amurphy -at- WLN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:15:36 -0700

This is a rebroadcast of my invitation. Some AOL members couldn't read the
first version--my apologies.
==========================
I invite all current and potential book reviewers for the STC journal
_Technical Communication_ to our breakfast meeting at the Annual
conference in Anaheim next month. As in the last two years, we'll meet
Wednesday morning from 7:00 to 8:15 just inside the entrance to the
designated breakfast area (Pacific Ballrooms C and D). Look for the signs,
prepared again by Peg Gross and her STC office crew.

Our reviewers have made the book review section a tremendous success. If
you're a current contributor and want to talk face-to-face with your
fellow reviewers, if you want to learn how to lend your expertise and
analytical powers to the evaluation of professional books, or if you'd
simply like to sit down and talk books with some fascinating people,
please join us! I will again bring my famous list of titles waiting to be
reviewed, and the books will be mailed within a week of the conference.

Please note: During the conference I'd also like to talk with you
one-to-one if you wish. Please let me know as soon as possible, and we'll
arrange a time. I'll be staying at the Hilton.

BTW, I'm also doing a 4:00 PM Wednesday Progression called "Write That
Book Review--Tricks of the Trade."

I invite your inquiries and hope to see you in Anaheim!

Avon Murphy
Book Review Editor
_Technical Communication_
1234 FirPark Drive SE