Re: New slant: professionalism

Subject: Re: New slant: professionalism
From: "John J. Gardiner" <jgard -at- POP -dot- SLIP -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:45:03 -0700

At 08:42 AM 4/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Fun topic.
>
>When asked what kind of work I do, I tell them: "I am a Technical
>Writer, you know, the kind of guy that writes computer books, you've
>seen them, the ones that no one can understand (usually eliciting a
>chuckle), well I fix those broken books so that you can understand
>them."

I offer a similar description of my line of work. I ask "Remember when you
read some inscrutable manual with directions that made no sense? You
cursed: What kind of a insane <expletive> wrote this?! Well, that person is
me."

John J. Gardiner - Technical Writer

On-Line Help * User Guides * Documentation
HTML * Graphic Design
e-mail: jgard -at- slip -dot- net