Re: International money designations

Subject: Re: International money designations
From: Dick Margulis <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:24:19 -0400

To respond first to Marci and then to Marilynne . . .

In text, use US$1; in tabular work, you may need to pad the number with
blanks on the left, after the $, in order to accommodate the largest
amount in the column:

US$ 1
10
3
52

Now then, if you are going to use this designation in order to
internationalize your brochure, you need to consider whether you use
commas as thousand separators and a period for the pennies or vice
versa. You also have to consider whether the words million and billion
mean what they mean in this country or what they mean in the UK.

As to the euro, there has been quite a discussion of how this will be
made available in new font releases, in the comp.fonts newsgroup. Check
www.dejanews.com for details (just do a search on euro + currency,
specifying the comp.fonts ng--you'll find plenty).

HTH,

Dick