Solution to the Secretary Card

Subject: Solution to the Secretary Card
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 17:11:02 -0400

Give whoever gave you the card, one that says "Happy Birthday Grandpa" or
something equally non-applicable. When they say, "Hey, it's not my birthday,
and I'm not your grandfather." you can say, "I know the feeling, I'm not a
secretary, and this sure hasn't been my day. Thanks for thinking of me.
Shall we do lunch?" At lunch, you can both commiserate about working
conditions and workplace attitudes.

We techwriters have enough "issues" to deal with, and even though I agree
that the card needs a response, a potentially divisive reaction would not be
my choice. But then, I'm often too diplomatic for my own good. :-)
--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/a.htm#agnewb