Re: secretaries

Subject: Re: secretaries
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:43:50 -0700

Elna,

You write:
>". . . I think you probably
>mean well, but simply don't
>understand the dynamics of
>the situation."

You are correct, my intentions are positive. It is because I do have a
general (guessable??) understanding of the dynamics of the situation
that I wrote. If Melissa reacts to her co-workers/employer the way it
seemed to me she might, she could very well be out of a future.

Furthermore you write:
>Your words are the sort black people
used to hear all the time, from
>well-intentioned whites and blacks
>who didn't want to challenge the racist
>assumptions that blacks were inferior.
>Note that you don't hear words like that
>very often any more.

>I think you owe Melissa an apology
>for what you said.

Oh Please !!!! Elna (and especially Melissa) I don't think it is in
Melissa's best career interest to make her stand on this situation.
Tell me Elna, do you think this is a great topic for Melissa to stake
her career on?

As for an apology, FOR WHAT? For caring about another Tech Writer's
future? I gave what I think still stands as good advice.

Again, I wish Melissa well.