Re: FrameMaker error reading *.TIF format

Subject: Re: FrameMaker error reading *.TIF format
From: Leila Meyer <Leila -dot- Meyer -at- MEGASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:23:56 -0600

I had this exact problem. For some reason, when you import a graphic
into FrameMaker, then modify the graphic in PhotoPaint, FrameMaker no
longer recognizes the graphic. I used the following work-around to fix
the problem. It's a bit of a nuisance, but it works.

1. Open the graphic in PhotoPaint.
2. Select the entire image and copy it to the clipboard.
3. Create a new image from the clipboard.
4. Save the new image in the same location, with the same file name
as the old image.

The graphic in FrameMaker should now be visible rather than a gray box.
Unfortunately, you will have to repeat this process every time you alter
a graphic. Also, it seems to be a FrameMaker problem rather than a
PhotoPaint problem because I had the same experience with a graphic
imported from Adobe PhotoShop. Good luck!

Leila Meyer
Technical Writer
MegaSys Computer Technologies
leila -dot- meyer -at- megasys -dot- com