Re: secretary's day

Subject: Re: secretary's day
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:00:04 -0600

Ouch. That happened to me about 12 years ago. I was able to talk to the person
who sent the card and nicely explain that I wasn't a secretary. Unfortunately,
the secretaries got mad, because they thought I considered myself above them.
Then, I had a new issue to resolve. Secretaries are not a group you want to
anger, especially if they stand between you and the SMEs. Approach this
carefully, because there's a lot of truth to the saying that 'secretaries run
the world.'

Jill Burgchardt
jburgcha -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov