Re: PDF + Screen Captures + Printing

Subject: Re: PDF + Screen Captures + Printing
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- MEDIASYS -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:03:34 +0100

On Tuesday, April 21, 1998 10:01 PM, Gina Hertel
[SMTP:Ghertel -at- ALPHA88 -dot- COM] wrote:
> I am in the process of creating customized courseware for a client.
> I do not want to deliver my source file, so I created a PDF.
> Now I notice that, in the PDF printout, the quality of the screen
captures
> has depreciated (as compared with the Word printout).

Gina,

This is probably caused by the compression done by Adobe Distiller. In
Distiller (3.0) select Distiller -> Job Options -> Compression. Here you
have several options, fiddle around to see the results. This should
help.

Good luck,

Jeroen Hendrix
Technical Communications
Mediasystemen B.V., a Triple-P company
POBox 32, 2060 AA Bloemendaal, the Netherlands

Fax: +31 23 526 0072
Tel: +31 23 525 9010
mail to: jhe -at- mediasys -dot- nl
http://www.mediasys.triple-p.com