Free/inexpensive Web clip art

Subject: Free/inexpensive Web clip art
From: Tom Herme <hermet -at- DNINEVADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:25:28 -0700

Some of you have asked me to summarize what I've learned about free and
inexpensive Web clip art as a result of a post a few days ago. So here
goes.

I was looking for GIF and JPG images that I could download or tools that
would easily let me create GIFs since I'm not a graphic artist. These
are sites that contain professional appearing clip art images:

http://www.barrysclipart.com/Webpix/index.htm

http://www.iconographics.com/

http://www.photodisc.com/index.asp

The photodisc site contains a wealth of digital photo stock. It ain't
free though.

This CNET site can be helpful if you search correctly, but most hits are
for graphics packages and utilities:
http://www.download.com/?st.cn.fd.tb.dl

Speaking of packages, some of these were suggested:

Paint Shop Pro 5
LView Pro
ULead
and
Photopaint for high-end graphics.

Personally I want graphics with little pain, so I'm not willing yet to
invest the time into learning high-end packages like Photopaint.
--
Tom Herme

DNI Nevada Incorporated
2000 Arrowhead Drive
Carson City, NV 89706-0403

Tel: 702.883.3400, Ext 231
Fax: 702.883.9541

mailto://hermet -at- DNINevada -dot- com