Re: Help as Training

Subject: Re: Help as Training
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:19:58 -0400

I'd like to see whatever is available on this. My initial reaction is
skepticism, to be honest. I've seen few end users of software that were 1)
able to deal with the technological details of doing this, 2) able to grab
the time to formulate new topics, and 3) able to summon the interest in
actually doing it. Most users I've known would just as soon write on Post-It
notes than enshrine things in a help file. How many users have ever made use
of the bookmark feature in old WinHelp?

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com
Creators of the Clustar Method for task-based documentation