references

Subject: references
From: Robyn Remington <rlb -at- FTN-ASSOC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:49:33 -0500

If you use software to manipulate data (i.e., to create 3-D graphs or
plots) for a scientific study, should you document the software in your
references section? Also, should you cite the software like you would
another source in the text?

I know what information I need to include in a reference, but I don't know
that I need to document the use of the software other than by mentioning it
in the methods section.

If you feel this is inappropriate for the list, please respond off list.

Thanks,
Robyn L. Remington
rlb -at- ftn-assoc -dot- com