Re: placement and annotation of screen captures in step-by-step instr uctions for software manuals

Subject: Re: placement and annotation of screen captures in step-by-step instr uctions for software manuals
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:20:49 -0500

My preference is for Method One, and I absolutely agree with you about
call-outs. They clutter the page and are not necessary in addition to the
step-by-step explanations. Even if the call-out might clarify which button
to use in a row of buttons whose functions aren't immediately evident, I
think it's much clearer to capture the button and include it in the
step-by-step.