I solicit your HELP (etc.)

Subject: I solicit your HELP (etc.)
From: "Parker, Cassandra M. (EXCH)" <CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:28:50 -0400

Hello All,

Could you, my trusty List friends, help me with this one.

What is the appropriate usage of the word etc.

For example:

1. When it is in the middle of a sentence, should a comma follow it?

2. When etc. is at the end of a sentence and the sentence ends with a
question mark or a period, how do you handle this?

3. When etc. is at the end of a sentence but in parentheses, what would
you do here:
(computers, printers, scanners, etc.). OR
(computers, printers, scanners, etc.)

I have seen the usage of this little acronym in so many different forms
that now I am confused.

Thanks for your help.

Cassie