Re: "Urgent" Hiring Practices & lack of candidates

Subject: Re: "Urgent" Hiring Practices & lack of candidates
From: Penn Brumm <penn -at- HEALTHEON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:52:36 -0700

I sympathize with Ruth Glasser's comments about hiring engineers and tech writers.  Cliches such as the scarcity of teeth in a chicken come to mind.  I'm told by reliable sources that, for experienced people, there are approximately 100,000 jobs going unfilled here in Silicon Valley.

Penn

- - -

Ruth Glaser wrote:

<snip>
we've had a technical writing position open in another department
of my company for several months and we can't find candidates.