Re: Windows 9x, or 95/98?

Subject: Re: Windows 9x, or 95/98?
From: Melissa Fisher <mfisher -at- AUTOMATEDLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 15:32:52 -0400

I prefer Windows 95/98, because this term does not require further
explanation. To use Windows 9x is to sacrifice clarity for false
conciseness; I say its false because adding a note at the beginning of a
book or in every chapter or section could add more text than consistently
using the term Windows 95/98.

Speaking of which, I believe I'm seeing this kind of sacrifice more and
more frequently these days. Is this just something I am more aware of now
than I used to be, or do you fellow techwhirlers see this kind of trend
too?

Melissa Fisher
Automated Logic Corporation.