Website site map problem

Subject: Website site map problem
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:29:37 -0400

For those who have been reviewing our new website...thanks. You found an
incompatibility. The site map hot links didn't work for several people, and
the common denominator was Navigator.

For those who are thinking of moving to an HTML-based delivery system for
documentation...take heed. The problem was that Navigator doesn't
acknowledge the HTML area tagging for <MAP> as area="rectangle" as IE does.
Rather, it requires area="rect". IE recognizes both. Navigator doesn't.

This points up yet again why I'm skeptical about moving to HTML-based doc
delivery for either full manuals or online help. There are too many
inconsistencies still. Even simple HTML may not be universal enough.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com
Creators of the Clustar Method for task-based documentation