Re: A puzzlement: is this a virus?

Subject: Re: A puzzlement: is this a virus?
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:53:34 -0500

She says she's occasionally encountered problems sending files from
Mac (Word 6.01) to PC (Word 7), but she has the latest SAM and
another virus program and has detected no viruses.

Define "the latest SAM." If she has the latest commercial version number
(4.5.1) but hasn't updated the virus definitions, then SAM wouldn't see the
CAP virus.

Tell her to run SAM and look for the date associated with the virus
definitions. I suspect it will be quite some time ago.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224