Does anyone need this book on the C programming language?

Subject: Does anyone need this book on the C programming language?
From: Ron Brown <alfa -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 19:21:41 -0600

Techwriters,

I post this at the risk of being off-topic and having Eric ban me
from TECHWR-L. If it is off topic, please hold the
flames, as I'm sure I'll be in enough hot water with the list
administrator. 8-).

::::: C PROGRAMMING BOOK FOR SALE:::::

CERTIFIED COURSE IN C
by David Himmel

1995 by the Waite Group Press , Corte Madera, California
393 pages [ paperback ]

ISBN: 1-878739-92-1

CONDITION: New, unused

REMARKS: Includes two 3.5" diskettes

Here is a brief description taken from the back cover:

If you want to jump-start your programming career from the privacy of
your own home but you're lacking a compiler and a teacher, this book
is for you. CERTIFIED COURSE IN C is a self-paced, hands-on study of
C, the pre- eminent programming language of the 90s. It comes with a
working version of Borland's Turbo C++ compiler and an opportunity to
earn collegiate certification and credits.

This unique course quickly teaches beginning programmers all the
essentials of C, providing clear-cut, easy-to-follow tutorials, lab
exercises, review sessions, and online multiple-choice quizzes.
You'll move at your own pace and get feedback from your "instructor."
After you pass the course's mail-in final exam, the University of
Phoenix awards you a certificate of completion and offers you a chance
to take a more advanced test for three units of course credit.

This book sells at Barnes and Noble for $40 plus tax.

My price: $27.95 [ I pay postage to any US mainland address ]

Please help yourself [ as well as a starving student ] and buy this
book from me. I purchased it thinking that I might want to tackle C,
but after looking further [ and talking to a couple of programmers ]
I decided to start with something a bit more suited to the beginner.
In other words, I'm going to tackle QBASIC first, then move on to
something more difficult. Sooo..if you have a basic understanding
of programming concepts and want to tackle C, then this is probably a
pretty good deal.

That's all for now.

Sincerely,

Ron Brown