auto-generating an index in HTML Help

Subject: auto-generating an index in HTML Help
From: Julie Deutz <jdeutz -at- GPS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 10:55:01 -0500

Hello techwr-lers:

My current method for creating documentation for Internet
software products has been to single-source it in Word, convert it to
HTML using HTML Transit and import the resulting HTML files as a project
in HTML Help. We tried using RoboHTML but gave up because of the number
of bugs in the product and the slow turnaround from technical support.

Now that you know the background, my question is:Is there a way
to auto-generate the index file in HTML Help using Word as the source?
I'd like to index the files in Word, translate them to HTML using
Transit and then import the entire file as an .hhk file in HTML Help
workshop. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Julie Deutz
Senior Editor/Writer, Internet Products
Great Plains Software