Word 97 Linking "Features"

Subject: Word 97 Linking "Features"
From: Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 10:51:09 -0400

Have any of you used the Paste Special as RTF Link feature in Word to
create OLE links between Word 97 documents? (This is where you copy text
from one Word doc, select Paste Special from the menu in the new doc, then
select Paste as RTF from the list box and the Paste as Link radio button in
the Paste Special dialog box, creating an OLE link that can be manually or
automatically updated.) I'm considering proposing this as the solution to
our single source needs, so we can use some of the online Help topics we've
already written in creating a new user's manual. I've searched Microsoft's
site, with no results either way on whether there are known issues with
this feature. I've also asked around, and no one has used it much, but no
one has had problems with it either. If you know of any problems with
this, please respond off list. Thanks in advance.

Hope Cascio, Knowledge Transfer Developer
hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- us -dot- arthurandersen -dot- com