Re: Corporate Constipation

Subject: Re: Corporate Constipation
From: carol gasser <cgasser -at- BGNET -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 10:34:27 -0400

As a senior graduating from a tech comm program in less than a month (and
therefore, avidly watching the job market), I found that this is
a big problem. I spoke with several companies, but three that I was
fairly interested in. One was a government contractor that took a month
to make an offer, one was an internationally known consulting firm that
took over six weeks to call me for an interview after already having
spoken with me several times on the phone, and one was a small consulting
firm that e-mailed a request to speak with me within an _hour_ of
receiving my e-mailed resume.

Guess where I signed on?

While I understand that large corporations have more hoops to jump
through, perhaps they should think about eliminating a few of those hoops.
I am delighted to be going to work for a company that is excited about
getting me, and large companies are bound to be losing a lot of talented
people because of their stagnance.

Carol E. Gasser
cgasser -at- bgnet -dot- bgsu -dot- edu