Re: Disaster recovery plan

Subject: Re: Disaster recovery plan
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 20:15:12 -0700

Mary-

The disaster recovery plans I've seen have categorized disasters by
number. 1 is for low-level things like a truck demolishing the front
lobby but no serious impact on the networking infrastructure or the
basic stability of the building, all the way to 9 which was a total
demolition of the building with fatalities, network connections
completely destroyed, etc.

Unfortunately I can't point you in the right direction because the
documents I worked on are proprietary and currently on the intranets of
the clients involved.

However, many ISO9000 plans have disaster recovery procedures. If you
were to go looking for samples in that area, you'd probably find some.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems