Re: Ways to indicate spaces in command lines?

Subject: Re: Ways to indicate spaces in command lines?
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:38:00 -0500

Absolutely, that's the way it should be. And usually is. But
occasionally the number of spaces becomes important. (I have had one
recent instance - it involved switching to another window by title
string, and Windows is very picky - if the window title has two spaces
and the command has one, you are out of luck.) And it's rare enough
(under normal circumstances) that the reader isn't expecting it, and
won't get used to any convention we use. So I like the suggestion
someone made, of explicitly spelling out the number of spaces required
at each point.

---
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com