TORONTO: Great Career Opportunity!

Subject: TORONTO: Great Career Opportunity!
From: Candace Bamber <cbamber -at- CASTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:14:34 -0400

All,
A few facts and opinions about this job posting:

1. Castek is a great place to work. Great people, outstanding environment,
lots of opportunity, very little chaos.

2. The position is open because "the incumbent" (her name is Dana) has
moved to a new position as a Quality Assurance Analyst.

3. This is NOT an entry level position. I need someone with solid all-round
basic professional skills, and the energy to learn a HUGE and COMPLEX
software system and business knowledge that goes with it in a hurry, so
that you can start focusing on developing the skills to move into the team
lead position as soon as possible.

4. If you have questions, you can send them to me; or if you like, you can
email questions to Dana ( mailto:dgougeon -at- castek -dot- com ) , whose position you
would be filling, or to Tony, ( mailto:tmohr -at- castek -dot- com ), our current
co-op student.

5. Please include a COVER LETTER with your resume!!!

*******************
Castek Software Factory requires an Intermediate Technical Writer to join
our Information Products Team. This is a great career opportunity for
someone ready to start the transition to senior or lead writer, and whose
aspirations include stepping up to responsibilities in areas outside the
traditional technical writer purview.

Skills and Experience Required

The ideal candidate:
*Writes well and wants to write better
*Is a competent copy-editor who wants to grow substantive editing skills
*Always knows what questions to ask, when to ask them and who to ask
*Has a reputation as an excellent analytical and critical thinker
*Is eager to learn and apply proven project management methodologies to
documentation projects
*Learns fast, works hard and knows how to have fun
*Can effectively manage thousands of details without losing sight of the
big picture
*Easily meets the challenge of mastering new technologies
*Has a degree or work history that indicates aptitude for both
science/technology and liberal arts
*Has 2-5 years professional technical writing experience in a high tech IT
environment
*Can proudly show and discuss work samples including user documentation,
online help and one of marketing collateral, training material or internal
communications

Assets include:
*Knowledge of component-based or object-oriented software development
methodologies
*Familiarity with the insurance industry
*Expertise with RoboHelp, MS Office and Lotus Notes

Responsibilities

*Join the team creating a very large help system (18-20,000 topics)
including context sensitive, procedural, process and reference help, for a
large, complex component-based software solution. Participation will
include research, analysis, writing, editing, proofing, setting up help
files, links and indexes, and testing.
*Take ownership of the reporting and resolution process for
technical/coding problems relating to on-line help
*Maintain the project style guide
*Help coach co-op students in professional technical communication skills
and methodologies, and in required business knowledge.
*Evolve in a leadership role within the on-line help project team
*Participate in the project software design process
*Participate in software testing and QA
*Participate in process improvement initiatives

Castek Software Factory is an innovative, aggressive and dynamic company
who delivers fixed-price software solutions to Fortune 1000 companies
worldwide. Our focus on speed, quality and delivery is supported by strong
customer orientation and a commitment to ongoing R&D leading to new product
development.

To support our aggressive growth and technological innovation, we require
people who are interested in growing into challenging positions with a
company recognized as a leader in its field. Castek has a fast-paced,
informal work environment where hours are flexible, casual dress is
encouraged and everybody counts. Castek offers very competitive salary and
bonus programs, a comprehensive benefit plan, and an outstanding
environment.

Please email your cover letter and resume to Candace Bamber (
mailto:cbamber -at- castek -dot- com ) by April 15.

Candace Bamber
Castek Software Factory
mailto:cbamber -at- castek -dot- com
221 Front Street E