Web Designers List

Subject: Web Designers List
From: Maurice King <Maury -dot- King -at- MCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:29:40 -0500

Dear fellow members of the list,

Many of you asked me to inform you of lists for persons who deal in Web design.
I had a number of people offer me existing lists, but the list that I have found the
most useful can be found at:

http://www.webmonster.net/lists

Maybe not everyone would agree with me, but it suits my needs best. I need a
list that is informative, that is available in digest format, and that enables me to
query and to receive a response: in short, a laissez-faire sort of list. This list
definitely was suitable to me.

Another list that was mentioned to me was:

http://www.amazoncity.com/spiderwoman/

I have had less occasion to use it. The fact that the list states up front that it
is a "women's list but men are welcome" is something to which I object; such
a statement is sugar-coated sexism, no matter which gender is posting it. Before
anybody flames me, let me state that I'd feel the same about any list that made
a discriminatory statement; I have seen enough discrimination in my lifetime to
retch at any hint of it. There is no room for discrimination on a professional list
forum of any kind.

I hope that others will find this information helpful.

- Maury
Maury -dot- King -at- mci -dot- com