Re: Trademark Question

Subject: Re: Trademark Question
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 09:08:28 -0500

There actually is a legal basis for Microsoft's style preference.
Everything I have read on trademarks (and I suppose I should
give the usual "I'm not a lawyer" disclaimer right here) indicates
that trademarks should only be used as adjectives. Using a
trademark name as a noun is the first step on the slippery path
to generic usage (just ask a trademark lawyer at Kimberly-Clark
to pass you "a Kleenex" if you want a discourse on this subject).
And the simple fact is that you can only form a conventional
possessive from a noun, not an adjective.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com