Customer Site Visits

Subject: Customer Site Visits
From: Evelyn Slowik <eslow -at- MASTER -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:55:39 -0500

I am a tech. writer for a company that develops virtual prototyping
software for the automotive industry. Tomorrow morning our writing
staff of three is going make customer site visits to get feedback on our
user manuals. We want to find out how our customers use the
documentation and how they would like us to improve it for future
releases. Have any of you ever gone on such a site visit? Our writing
group is looking for advice to maximize this opportunity. What
questions should we ask, what should we avoid?

Thanks for your input.

Evelyn Slowik