STC Conference: Worth It?

Subject: STC Conference: Worth It?
From: "Marie C. Paretti" <mparetti -at- RRINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:07:34 -0500

Hi folks,

I just found out that I'm going to be in Anaheim for a trade show the week
before the STC conference, so I am considering staying another week and
attending the STC conference. My boss has left it up to me with the "do
what you would do if it were your company and your money" caveat.
(Background: I am currently the sole tech writer (and trainer) for a small
software company, so I writer user guides, sys admin/tech support guides,
and some marketing stuff, plus develop training courses, etc.)

My question to y'all is, is the STC conference worth it? What have your
experiences been there? What are the benefits (and drawbacks) of this
conference?

I check the archives, but most of what I saw there were either tips for
newcomers or plans to get together, but I need assessments of the
conference itself so that I can make my decision. If you e-mail me
privately, I'll summarize the results if anyone's interested.

Marie

Dr. Marie C. Paretti
Recognition Research, Inc. (RRI)
1750 Kraft Drive, Suite 2000