Re: What Might a Writing Test Be?

Subject: Re: What Might a Writing Test Be?
From: Chris Welch-Hutchings <chutchings -at- NORDSON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:08:54 EST

>The applicant is placed in a room with some source documents and
>computer equipment. He or she receives five to six hours to produce up
>to five pages of a user's guide.

Excuse me, but a company that expects me to spend 5-6 hours on a writing
test as part of the interview process loses my vote. If they can't judge my
writing ability by looking at my samples and asking me about them (plus
interviewing my references), I'm not sure I want to work for them.

Chris

Original Text