Freelance Opportunity - - Oh what to do. . . . . . .

Subject: Freelance Opportunity - - Oh what to do. . . . . . .
From: Brian Day <twriter -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 20:21:10 -0800

I have been approached by a software company to write their User?s
Manual. Problem is?.. I am already working a 45 hour week. The company
knows of my full time work situation, yet still wants me. I can spare two
maybe three hours an evening and one day during the weekend. That?s about
18 useful hours towards their project. If necessary, I can enlist the
talents of others. I have the talent but not the time. Any
recommendations on how NOT to burn the candle too fast?. Perils and
pitfalls to watch for? Should I ask for up-front money to keep from
getting stiffed? Weekly/bi-monthly billing? You get the point.

If someone has a pricing guideline to bid projects, I would appreciate if
you could email it to me. Some of my deliverables are:

Readme.wri file
CD liner notes (possibly front cover work)
Two User Manuals w/130 GUI?s (approx 130 pages)
2 PDF?s
RoboHelp files (approx 12 .HPJ?s)

Thanks for the help

Brian