Re: Graphics for both PC and Mac

Subject: Re: Graphics for both PC and Mac
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:53:52 -0800

We would like to be able to use the same graphic in a document, regardless
of whether we were working on Macintosh or PC.

Will the .TIF, .GIF, or .JPG work the same way in Word? Frame?

Marilynne

At 3:21 PM -0800 3/26/98, Walter Hanig wrote:
>At 03:11 PM 3/26/98 -0800, Marilynne Smith wrote:
>>My department uses both Maintosh and PC. We find that our graphics are not
>>sharable between the two types of computer. Is there a standard or method
>>that would give us good graphics from the same file in both Mac and PC?
>>
>>Marilynne
>
>depending on the application that's going to use the graphic and the type
>of graphic (screenshot? photo? line drawing?), TIF, GIF, and JPG can be
>good cross-platform formats.
>
>walter
>
>Walter Hanig
>
>NetManage, Inc.
>12651 High Bluff Drive
>San Diego, CA 92130, USA
>
>Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
>e-mail: wdh -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- rice -dot- edu
>Blood Type: O+

Marilynne Smith marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer (619) 651-6664
QUALCOMM AE-203B
"We'll have the whole world talking"