Re: To anchor a line

Subject: Re: To anchor a line
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:47:26 -0800

The following solution is specific to Microsoft Word. However, it has
equivalent application in many other products.

I frequently encounter such a need. My solution is to insert the figure
and use ADVANCE field codes to move the object up, left, right, or down.
The ADVANCE codes must come before the object, to position the object,
and then a modified equivalent set must be used after the object to
reset the cursor position.

For example:

{ADVANCE \u 15}{ADVANCE \l 200}This is the stuff (graphic, text,
object, etc) to move{ADVANCE \d 10}{ADVANCE \r 190}

Though this technique is very powerful.

Roger Mallett
Control Systems
(714) 458-5040 x 239