writing samples

Subject: writing samples
From: Sandra McDonnell <sandy -at- MCCABE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:21:46 -0800

Ok, I have to comment. I recently did a job search that ended in three
competitive offers. I showed samples when requested. All my samples were
shown with permission of my previous employers and because my tech
writing background is varied, the styles of my samples are varied.
Obviously samples that give away trade secrets should be avoided and
permission should be obtained before using a companies manuals or what
have you as work samples, but I don't see what all the fuss and muss is
about.

just my two cents.

sandy